Fleur Green

This is a record of my studies and travels from 2006.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Professor Abe

On the Wednesday, I had my first lesson with the Mother of Marimba - Professor Keiko Abe. It was truly wonderful. Mrs Abe is demure, graceful, deeply philosophical, and it was a real thrill to meet her in person and share her musical energy and ideas. I was most thrilled to hear her talk about her own compositions. Her imagination really transcends to another world. I hope this insight will let me play her music with a depth and maturity I would have never achieved without the intimacy of a one on one lesson.

The plan for next week's lesson is to improvise. I am sleeplessly anticipating this lesson.

2 Comments:

Blogger alejandro said...

Hello Fleur,

My name is Alejandro and I am a percussionist from Medellin (Colombia). You have beautiful comments in your blog!!!what a wonderful experience you have had with Ms. Abe!!!Congratulations!!!

Look, I have a question: I am planning to apply at Toho Gakuen, do you think that is possible to do that? you have lessons in english, DonĀ“t you?

7:53 pm  
Blogger alejandro said...

...does it expensive at Toho?

Anyways thanks and please answer me when you have time.

Thanks,

Alejandro

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home