Fleur Green

This is a record of my studies and travels from 2006.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Marimba Lesson 6

Played Time for Marimba again today. From memory, which is a step up. I also played the set-piece for Linz which has been a real struggle to learn, but I got through it. I just have to remember MUSIC. I really have to force my imagination in this piece, but it's a good challenge nevertheless. Abe Sensei was of course wonderful with her advice. I feel I know her a lot more now, and can understand her advice better. She says a lot without saying very much. We improvised together again. It was great. It was an unplanned free/modal improvisation which lasted about 6 minutes. Despite the fact we had no plan, the music had structure. I could hear where she was going, what she wanted to play, and I found it very easy to respond to her. I have another lesson tomorrow - the last one, so we promised to improvise again. I am so sad to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home