Fleur Green

This is a record of my studies and travels from 2006.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Professor Igor Lesnik

I have some exciting news. Last year I learnt a wonderful piece called "Midnight Pieces" by Igor Lesnik which I played in my final Honours Recital. I was looking on the percussion notice-board at Toho Gakuen, and noticed that Professor Lesnik is coming next week to do a residency at Senzoku Gakuen College. I emailed the Zagreb Music Academy straight away where he heads the percussion program. Mr Lesnik was very quick to email me, and suggested I meet him at Senzoku Gakuen, and said there was a possibility of teaching me in his week in Tokyo, and again in Zagreb at the end of July. This is perfect, and fits in beautifullly as the Linz Marimba Festival finishes on the 23rd of July. I am delighted. His music is beautiful, and I had such a wonderful experience with "Midnight Pieces", I hope I can convince him to write me another vibraphone piece!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home