Fleur Green

This is a record of my studies and travels from 2006.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Peabody

I've arrived safely in Baltimore and started orientation at Peabody Conservatory. I'm starting a new life, so doing all the things that are required... New bank, new phone, apartment hunting... All that jazz.

Peabody is my new home. The staff at this Conservatory are amazing. I already feel myself, I have an AMAZING support network of administrative staff, students and professors. Life here will be wonderful. I just paid my college fees, so apart from a little post traumatic stress syndrome, I'm FINE. :)

As for Baltimore... The city has a few quirks which I'll have to adapt to, but it's nothing I can't handle by changing my lifestyle a little and being on my toes. The high crime rate is something which will make me grow more eyes. I'm sure I'll discover the city's charms after settling in.

I am looking forward to my first lesson with Bob, and so relieved to be here, that I think I'll just have to give him a big hug the moment I see him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home