Fleur Green

This is a record of my studies and travels from 2006.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Magic Marimbists

Today I saw some SPECTACULAR performances. The most amazing was a 12 year old boy called Richard Putz from Germany. This kid is like the Mozart of the marimba world. He played Variations on Japanese Children's song - Keiko Abe, and Hurricane's eye - Leander Kaiser. Both were magnificent. He stands on a box, and plays with strength and musicality like I've never seen. It was truly remarkable. Perfect performance! All the marimba contestants were thoroughly amazed. And he is the most gorgeous little boy too! He has a little sister who he was throwing in the air and kissing just before he performed. So Sweet.

I also spent some time with two of Professor Van Sice's students who are lovely and charming, and will be my new percussion family. I am looking forward to Peabody more and more. Can't wait for tomorrow. We find out who progressed to round two. There are so many phenomenal players here, I think it will be very difficult for the the jury to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home